Please remember that it is impossible to be absolutely precise about how hard a walk may be, as there may be many contributory factors. The main benefit of grading is to provide you with an overall indicator to compare one walk against another. We at Eco Team, therefore look at the following 6 factors before deciding the grade:
• Length of trek and length of walking day.
• Average altitude and altitude gain and loss.
• Trail conditions.
• Level of backpacking.
• Temperature range and likely weather conditions.
• Level of humidity can jump from 70% to 90% very easily
• Remoteness to services and general level of comfort.
* Please note the weather condition in Sri Lanka: Lowlands- tropical, average 27C Central Hills- cooler, with temperatures dropping to 14C. the south-east monsoon brings the rain to the western, south western and central regions from May to July, while the north-western monsoon occurs in the north and east in December and January. Sri Lanka boasts a good climate for holiday-makers throughout the year.