A great escape for the traveller seeking a short holiday in Sri Lanka covering key Wildlife and Cultural highlights.
Your adventure begins within the walls of the Galle Dutch Fort. Then travel to Mirissa, to try encountering the world’s largest mammal; the Blue Whale. Or Koggala Lake experience. Moving to Sri Lanka’s second largest national park of Yala, then go to the highly Instagrammed Nine Arches Bridge & Little Adam’s peak and the most scenic train journey in the hill country, climbing to cool Kandy, you will explore the making of traditional arts. Then climb the Sigiriya rock, also called the Lion Rock, at sunset and Pidurangala Rock, at sunrise; and visit Dambulla Cave Temple and then it is time for you to go to the Commercial Capital of Sri Lanka, Colombo.
Mindful of minimum transfer time, we have handpicked hotels, for the duration of your break. Tasteful and comfortable – we are sure you will enjoy your hotel stays, as you travel across the island.
Ideal For – Conveniently available throughout the year, this short journey is ideal for those who have busy schedules and are not able to take longer vacations or want to combine with another destination like Maldives or India. Solo Travelers/ Couples/ Friends / Small groups up to 6 persons / Families with Kids and Teenagers.
Highlights at a glance
- A walk in the Living Heritage in Galle; Galle Dutch fort with your Chauffeur.
- Witnessing the world’s largest mammal Blue Whales in their natural habitat [best seen from November to March] or alternatively Koggala Lake boat safari.
- Explore the Leopards kingdom; Yala.
- Stay at Tented Safari Camp bordering the National Park in Sri Lanka and experience guided safaris, candlelight dinners under the stars, night walks and delicious BBQ served by roaring campfires.
- Climb the Little Adam’s Peak and witness the world famous Nine Arch Bridge.
- Go on a train ride, visit tea plantations.
- Exploring the cultural highlights blended with traditional arts & crafts in Kandy, the hill capital.
- Explore the historic caves in the Dambulla Cave Temple, which contain paintings, statues and relics accumulated over a period of 2,000 years.
- Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Pidurangala Rock to see sunset & sunrise.
- Experience the traditional and modern day cultural diversities in Colombo, the Commercial Capital of Sri Lanka.