Whether you are newly married or a couple rekindling your romance, this romantic holiday in Sri Lanka is the perfect getaway! Experience breath-taking locations, luxurious accommodations, culture and history that stretch back thousands of years, and an amazingly varied range of cuisines during this unforgettable holiday.
It’s all about making memories of your romance in Sri Lanka, and this tour is packed with exciting excursions as well as plenty of time alone for just the two of you. Witness sacred rituals in Kandy and go on a scenic train journey; celebrate your romance in a remote location surrounded by nature and under the stars; and experience the multi-cultural smorgasbord of cuisines, arts and capital city of Colombo.
Your accommodation will consist of handpicked hotels and glamping site, designed to minimize time spent in travel.
Highlights at a glance
- Explore the historic city of Kandy, a Unesco World Heritage site, and witness age-old Buddhist rituals.
- Stroll through the 650-year-old Royal Botanical Gardens, featuring more than 4000 species of plants.
- Journey into the hills on a wonderfully scenic train ride, visit Nine Arch Bridge & Little Adam’s peak.
- Stay at a Tented Bush Walk camp which will be an ideal location to celebrate your romantic holiday.
- Colombo City exploration and great shopping experience prior to your departure.
Your romantic holiday will begin upon your arrival, where you will be given a traditionally warm Sri Lankan welcome. Then it’s VIP-treatment all the way to Kandy with a personal chauffeur/guide who will ensure a smooth transit in your own private car after your flight. After you arrive in Kandy, take a guided tour of the world-famous Temple of the Tooth Relic. In a city overflowing with culture, you will visit the Peradeniya Botanical Garden as well as do some quick shopping to make sure you take back a few souvenirs crafted by Kandy’s very own local craftsmen. Spend the night in a beautifully decorated room at The Fox Resort Kandy.
After an early breakfast, you can take a pre-booked A/C train from Kandy to Ella and witness the beauty and romance of Sri Lanka’s tranquil hill country. You will rendezvous with your Guide at the Ella Station and head over to your hotel. You will be dropped into the cosy lap of luxury at EKHO Ella Hotel which is located in the heart of Ella.
After a good night’s sleep and early breakfast, visit Sri Lanka’s most picturesque locations of Nine Arch Bridge and Little’s Adams peak, then proceed to Ahaspokuna. The drive to Ahaspokuna is about 2 hours from Ella. You will reach the meeting point on Belihuloya – Rajawaka road from where you will be taken to the camp on foot. You will go for an evening walk with your naturalist to explore the surroundings and also be excited to celebrate your romantic holiday at this remote location under the stars!
Go for a pre-breakfast trail with your naturalista at Ahaspokuna and enjoy the bird life in the hills. Enjoy a hearty Sri Lankan breakfast, walk back to the meeting point from where your chauffeur will take you to Colombo. A melting pot of cultures and commerce, Colombo is a lively city with the most fascinating history. Ancient Arab sailors frequented these ports to trade with the Portuguese, Dutch and British colonists that occupied the city. Today, Colombo has something from everyone! Visit impressive cultural sights, Buddhist Temples and Hindu Kovils scattered throughout the city and experience the diversity of religion, ethnicity and customs of the people. Drive through the city’s commercial centre known as the “Fort”, where grand colonial era buildings stand alongside modern hotels and office structures. Explore the vibrant markets and bazaars in Pettah. Discover the Museums and Art Centres with their fine collections of antiques, arts and crafts of Sri Lanka. Or indulge in shopping and tasting Sri Lankan delicacies. Stay the night at Lake Lodge Colombo.
Tharu Villas Lake Lodge
We’ve reached the end of your 04-night romantic holiday in Sri Lanka and it is time to depart. Your chauffeur will take you to Colombo Airport in time to catch your departure flight. Or you can extend your holiday and stay relax on the beach for an additional few days.
- 04 nights accommodation with Breakfast and dinner at all hotels Expect Lake Lodge Colombo which is on BB
- All Inclusive meal plan at Ahaspokuna Bushwalks Camp.
- Transportation in an Air conditioned Vehicle with an English Speaking Guide throughout the tour including Airport Transfers.
- Cost of Train Ride from Kandy to Ella (Seats subject to availability)
- Guided Bushwalks at Ahaspokuna Bushwalks Camp
- Service charges at the hotels & current applicable taxes by the Sri Lankan Government.
- Any International or Domestic flights.
- Any Visa fee or ETA fee. (Electronic Travel Authorization)
- Any additional beverage or food.
- Christmas & New Year Eve dinner supplement. (24th & 31st December)
- Perahera Supplement at Kandy Hotel during the Perahera Period.
- Entry Permits to all the sites, temples, museums & monuments.
- Early Check-in or Late Checkout Charges at Hotels.
- Any tips to the staff.
- Any expense of personal requirements telephone, laundry, hotel extra bills etc.)
- Any additional expenses , other than mentioned in the inclusions list above.
When it comes to the accommodation, all the reservations are subject to availability at the time of confirmation, and as soon as we have received the payment, our Tour Operations Team will take in charge of your tour and proceed with the reservations. In case a hotel mentioned in your itinerary has no availability, we will find you an alternative. No changes will be done without your approval!
We will make a rough day-by-day schedule for your tour, but won’t set you exact timings for each and every activity – unless there is a an activity which start at a specific time. Since you will be traveling by private vehicle, with a knowledgeable driver-guide, we want you to have your part in decision making. With the help from him, you may tune the schedule to your rhythm.
Along the destinations included in your itinerary, you are free to take as many stops as you want to. When it comes to additional visits and destinations that are located out of the original route, the extra kilometers will be taken in consideration. For your journey, we will calculate a total mileage that is sufficient for the whole tour and mentioned in your itinerary. If this limit is exceeded, we will charge a supplement according the extra mileage.
We’ll do our best to accommodate the programme in your needs and wishes, if something urgent occurs during your tour. In a situation that requires changing the accommodation, the cancellation policies of the hotels concerned are to be taken on account.
Since the 1st of January 2012, all travelers must be in possession of a visa when arriving in Sri Lanka. Citizens from Singapore and The Maldives are the only exempt. Visitors can apply for the official Electronic Travel Authorization (visa) via www.eta.gov.lk, or upon arrival at the airport. There is a small fee to pay, and you must have at least six months left on your passport at the time of travel to obtain one.
MasterCard and Visa are widely used and accepted by many local shops, restaurants and hotels, but it’s always better to double check. Other major cards such as AmEx and DinersClub are accepted often also.
The important stuff
Sri Lanka is a nation where religion and culture occupy an important place in the day-to-day lives of the local people. It is important to be aware of the customs and practices that are particular to the location you are visiting, so here are a few general tips to keep in mind during your travels. Your chauffeur will assist you with more detailed information.
- If you plan on visiting any temples, ancient or current, you should wear clothing that covers your body from your shoulders down to your knees. Head coverings such as caps or helmets should be removed and shoes must be taken off at the entrance. White coloured clothing is generally a good choice to go with here.
- Some religious places do not allow photography or videography without prior permission and some may not allow it at all. Refer to signage or ask your chauffeur guide about the policy or protocol. Don’t try to photograph or take videos without permission.
- If you have any tattoos associated with Buddhism, Hinduism or Islamism, it’s best that you cover them completely in public places.
- Smoking is prohibited in indoor public places, workplaces and on public transport.