In your 5 day tour, some of the highlights will be: Exploring Nuwara Eliya the “Little England” with its colonial estates, tea plantations, and cozy cottages; you will be taken on a walk through the Horton Plains National Park after which a thrilling descent along what’s known as “Satan’s Steps” awaits you; visiting the rural villages in Belihuloya and get intimate with its unique ways of life and additionally, you will enjoy experiencing Sri Lankan traditional village lifestyle. Unforgettable memories are awaiting you!
You will spend minimum time to get to them from the city & attractions, giving you even more time to enjoy their stay in the hotels as well.
Your accommodation will consist of handpicked hotels and glamping campsites, designed to minimize time spent in travel. This will allow you to have the maximum time to focus on your adventure mini holiday in Sri Lanka and enjoy your accommodation, destinations, and the amazing cuisine.
Highlights at a glance
- Adventurous White Water Rafting Expedition in Kelani River in Kithulgala.
- Experience the entire Ceylon Tea making process and enjoy a hot cup of pure Sri Lankan Tea from the factory itself.
- A walk to the world’s end; Horton Plains National Park.
- A Nature Trail to Kinchigune Village.
- Another water activity experience at Samanalawewa Reservoir.
- Colombo City exploration and great shopping experience prior to your departure.
Welcome to Sri Lanka! You will be picked up by our chauffeur who will drive you to Nuwara Eliya soon after your arrival. There are few activities lined up en route to Nuwara Eliya. Between Airport and Nuwara Eliya you will have an unforgettable experience at Kitulgala white water rafting. Once you complete the activities you will proceed to Nuwara Eliya. En route visit a Tea factory to get an experience of tea production. Check in at Nuwara Eliya hotel and stay relaxed.
Hotel Grand Turf
Early morning, with packed breakfast, proceed to Horton Plains. This is the highest plateau in the island and home to 24 mammal species, such as elk, deer, giant squirrel, wild boar, wild hare, porcupine, and leopard, along with an array of migratory birds. You will go for a nature walk through the plains visiting the World’s end and the famous Baker’s Falls admiring the stunning views of nature. Back to the park entrance and drive to Belihuloya, a village in the southern valleys of the central highlands.
After breakfast at the campsite, you will go on a soft to moderate 6 kilometre nature trail to Kinchigune, which runs alongside the riverine forest of Belihuloya through paddy fields, across rivers and past local village houses with their extensive vegetable plots. After the long trail come back to the campsite and enjoy a traditional Sri Lankan lunch. In the evening you will do a one hour canoeing expedition in Samanalawewa reservoir with safety jackets.
Your mini holiday is gradually coming to an end. You will say goodbye to your new friends, you will depart Belihuloya after your breakfast and leave for Colombo via Ratnapura. En route visit a Gem Mine in Ratnapura and experience the extracting of the most precious stones. Then continue to Colombo. A short drive in the city would enable you to get more insights of the Sri Lanka urban way of life while shopping in the city might be a great opportunity for you to buy some souvenirs to take home.
We’ve reached the end of your 04-night holiday to Sri Lanka and it is time to depart. Your Guide will take you to Colombo Airport in time to catch your departure flight, or we could arrange you private departure transfers depending on your flight schedule.
Includes / Excludes
- 04 nights accommodation.
- Bed & Breakfast at all hotels/ Campsite.
- Transportation in an Air conditioned Vehicle with an English Speaking Guide throughout the tour including Airport Transfers.
- Service charges at the hotels & current applicable taxes by the Sri Lankan Government.
- Any International or Domestic flights.
- Any Visa fee or ETA fee. (Electronic Travel Authorisation)
- Any additional beverage or food.
- Entry Permits to all the sites, temples, museums & monuments.
- Costs of all experiences, community visits, hikes and village walks, watersports activities.
- Early Check-in or Late Checkout Charges at Hotels.
- Any tips to the staff.
- Any expense of personal requirements telephone, laundry, hotel extra bills etc.)
- Any additional expenses , other than mentioned in the inclusions list above.
When it comes to the accommodation, all the reservations are subject to availability at the time of confirmation, and as soon as we have received the payment, our Tour Operations Team will take in charge of your tour and proceed with the reservations. In case a hotel mentioned in your itinerary has no availability, we will find you an alternative. No changes will be done without your approval!
We will make a rough day-by-day schedule for your tour, but won’t set you exact timings for each and every activity – unless there is a an activity which start at a specific time. Since you will be traveling by private vehicle, with a knowledgeable driver-guide, we want you to have your part in decision making. With the help from him, you may tune the schedule to your rhythm.
Along the destinations included in your itinerary, you are free to take as many stops as you want to. When it comes to additional visits and destinations that are located out of the original route, the extra kilometers will be taken in consideration. For your journey, we will calculate a total mileage that is sufficient for the whole tour and mentioned in your itinerary. If this limit is exceeded, we will charge a supplement according the extra mileage.
We’ll do our best to accommodate the programme in your needs and wishes, if something urgent occurs during your tour. In a situation that requires changing the accommodation, the cancellation policies of the hotels concerned are to be taken on account.
Since the 1st of January 2012, all travelers must be in possession of a visa when arriving in Sri Lanka. Citizens from Singapore and The Maldives are the only exempt. Visitors can apply for the official Electronic Travel Authorization (visa) via www.eta.gov.lk, or upon arrival at the airport. There is a small fee to pay, and you must have at least six months left on your passport at the time of travel to obtain one.
MasterCard and Visa are widely used and accepted by many local shops, restaurants and hotels, but it’s always better to double check. Other major cards such as AmEx and DinersClub are accepted often also.
The Important Stuff
Sri Lanka is a nation where religion and culture occupy an important place in the day-to-day lives of the local people. It is important to be aware of the customs and practices that are particular to the location you are visiting, so here are a few general tips to keep in mind during your travels. Your chauffeur will assist you with more detailed information.
- If you plan on visiting any temples, ancient or current, you should wear clothing that covers your body from your shoulders down to your knees. Head coverings such as caps or helmets should be removed and shoes must be taken off at the entrance. White coloured clothing is generally a good choice to go with here.
- Some religious places do not allow photography or videography without prior permission and some may not allow it at all. Refer to signage or ask your chauffeur guide about the policy or protocol. Don’t try to photograph or take videos without permission.
- If you have any tattoos associated with Buddhism, Hinduism or Islamism, it’s best that you cover them completely in public places.
- Smoking is prohibited in indoor public places, workplaces and on public transport.